Jen at One Plus Two posted about windows to her soul and invited the rest of the blogland to join in.
Two nights ago, we received a phone call that a dear friend of ours had died unexpectedly. The last few days my husband and I have been reflecting on our lives and what is important and I've been thinking about moments that have had an impact on my life, not because they are necessarily life changing moments, but because they make me stop for a moment and consider what is truly important and what truly matters; or because they are memories of some of the happiest moments in my life.
1) The birth of our daughter
2) Gazing into my husband's eyes as we danced our first dance at our wedding reception
3) Witnessing the moments after a woman nearly lost her life on the freeway
4) Dropping everything to fly across the country when my grandfather had a stroke
5) Walking through Sleeping Beauty's Castle on a spur of the moment trip to Disneyland
6) Making snowmobile tracks through virgin snow
7) The smell just after the first spring rain
8) My daughter's discoveries
9) Watching the fireflies in my Grandparent's backyard
10) The memories of my father as a young and vibrant man. He would not allow us to see him in the hospital in his last days, and it was many years before I understood what a gift he bestowed on my brother and I.
For more windows, visit these blogs. Feel free to jump in and add this list to your post - don't forget to put your name on the list.
Jessica with Eleven Windows
Tracy from Tiny MantrasDefiant
Muse from Musings...
Sugarplum's Mom with 10 Windows